Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Czech Countryside

I've been missing Prague a lot lately. Two years ago, I was there for two weeks, working on the Heydrich book. It was long enough to make friends, and to start going to grocery stores instead of restaurants, and to start recognizing Czech words once I got there. (Hruska = pear.) I took this picture in the countryside; I'd rented a bike and pedalled up there so I could see the things Heydrich's assassins had seen, and ride the routes they'd ridden. I thought I was happy with the book; now that I'm waiting for feedback, and compulsively thinking about the fact that I haven't gotten it yet, I'm not so sure. Still, I am grateful for the journey.

2 comments:

Mama Magna Doodle said...

Thanks for sharing. One day, I'll visit the motherland.

Alfonso Mangione said...

Haha! I should've known you were Czech. I've been there three times now--great country. You'll get there someday!