Sunday, July 18, 2010

Doctor Shopper

Doctor shopper

Pill popper

Copper coins can’t change their mind like you

I don’t care whether or not you’re vain

You’re a weathervane

Blameless

Hot and aimless

360°, pennies are one in two

A certainty next to you

Tonight I don’t want a piece of tail

Or even a little head

But a warm body’s always nice in bed

It’s been like ice

But no tranquility’s here

The evil has landed

A sick relationship is what I’ve been handed

And what I’ve demanded

Physician, medicate thyself

Just not from the top shelf

Who am I kidding? I’m an ambulance chaser

Following desperate sirens, flashing lights

In my white Chevy Blazer

Ignoring traffic signals

Healthy singles

Relationship ease

Do I have your disease?

At night I’m on my knees

To God, but when morning comes I bow

To you, it’s over now

You’re not

A poker pot

You’re a player who folded my blankets

When I holded on line 3

Who popped pills in the bathroom while I waited for fun

I heard that rattle, baby

It said we’re done

So maybe I’ve won

At any rate I still have the shirt on my back

And the sun

And I’m out of the fray

So it’s hurt that I lack

I’m a doc on holiday

And a patient

Too, I should have patience

And keep your secrets



But that makes for shitty poems.

No comments: